Great Gatsby is meh

I decided that I wanted to believe in Hollywood so I went and saw The Great Gatsby. While I didn't think this movie was horrible. I was not too happy with it. I was not expecting to be gold either since I am not a fan of the book. The acting in the movie was pretty good. I liked Leo as Gatsby. But I think casting Toby as Nick was a slight mistake, he didn't quite have the old school quality that should be expected out of somebody like Nick. The actress who played Daisy was good. She was believable.  This brings me to another thought about the director Boz(why am i naming them on first name basis like i know them....because I can :P) Anyhow, I did think he was a great man for the job. But I felt like the authenticity of the era was lost when I heard Jay-Z rapping during a party where flappers and Martinis are about. Perhaps, the modern music was a good change for artistic purposes and I respect that. It's not that I felt the directing was bad because I felt like he did a good job with the lavish colors and the clothing was authentic. It's just I felt something was just bringing me out of the moment. As far as story is concerned I felt like something was just lacking. However,  I did not like the book so I understand that they were following the book pretty closely. So overall Great Gatsby was not a horrible movie but it wasn't anything deserving any rewards.

Untill Next time
Peace
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment