Evil Dead is sucks

Alright so I haven't blogged in a hell of a long time. I feel like every time I am on a roll with blogging I take a long ass break and then go on another blog block. I guess I usually don't have much to talk about. But now I feel the need to talk about something so here it goes.

Yesterday, I went to go see the Evil Dead with a very good friend of mine. Everybody had been talking about it so we decided that it was about time we saw it too. I don't know why but I was expecting something fun and cerebral, seeing as its a classic cult film loved by tons of people. Instead what we got was a stupid mindless gorefest. I can appreciate  this film for entertaining reasons, however I got nothing out of this movie.

 Absolutely felt nothing for the characters. I didn't care that some of these characters died or that some of them were drug addicts. I frankly wouldn't want to be the characters friends. The only thing I learned is that duct tape can fix bloody messes and severed body parts.

When I go see a movie I like to be moved, I like to discuss the possibilities of characters and stories but there was nothing to discuss. Nothing emotional from the story or the characters to make me thing. Perhaps this is what they had in mind.

 I don't know what the 80s version of Evil Dead but this revamped version was absolutely awful. If you enjoy mindless horror movies then I think you might enjoy it but if you like horror with twisted stories rather than simply gore and blood than this movie is not for you.

So untill next time

Peace,

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment